Shred’s Healthy Thai massaman chicken curry
- Cook the rice in a large pan of boiling salted water to pack instructions. Chop the aubergine into chunks, place in a colander on top of the rice, cover and steam for the first 8 mins, or until starting to soften.
- Meanwhile, toast the peanuts in a large non-stick frying pan until golden, then crush or finely chop. Trim the spring onions and chop into pieces. Place in the frying pan with 1 tbsp olive oil and cook for 5 mins on a medium heat, then remove to a plate.
- Use tongs to move the steamed aubergine into the frying pan to char for 5 mins, turning often and removing to a plate when done.
- Dice the Chicken and fry for 5 minutes
- Chop the potatoes into chunks, add to the frying pan with the curry paste and stir for 2 mins. Pour in the coconut milk and peanut butter and stir well, then cover and cook for 8 mins, or until the potatoes & chicken are cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- Halve the sugar snaps lengthways and add to the pan along with the aubergines, then cover and cook for a final 2 mins.
- Serve up the rice in a bowl, with the curry poured over and season with lime juice & peanuts.